Header Menu

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Currently Reading & To Be Read

Summer is nearly over and I am looking forward to some cooler weather.  I expected to have more time to read the last couple of months but I have been too busy and distracted.  However I am way ahead as far as my reading goal goes.  I am definitely going to hit that 100 book mark before the year is over.

Hopefully things will be a little busier around here soon!  More reviews and maybe some other posts in between so you know I am still around ;)  For now here is my currently reading and to be read info.

Currently Reading :

I feel like I have fallen into a rabbit hole with this third installment in the Cainsville series.  I definitely needed a 'previously in Cainsville' intro because Kelley just jumped back into things with no concerns for us people who have been busy with other books for the year since book two came out.

Despite the disorientation I managed to get back into things but keep having 'oh yeah' moments when I remember the reasons and connections to everything going on.

This third book is starting to feel completely different to the last two and I am really not sure how my review is going to look.  Right now it could go either way but I feel like I am waiting for a  huge shoe to drop and have everything make sense.

I am halfway through but I admit I am struggling.  I really liked the series so far but Deceptions hasn't totally grabbed me yet and I don't know if it will.

Currently Listening To : 

There hasn't been much audio book action lately and it is mainly due to the irregular hours I have had at work.   I always listen to books on the way to and from work but there have been a couple of half work weeks. I didn't want to start a new audio when I knew I would only get to listen to it for a couple of days and then not get to it again for a week.

However I am back in work tomorrow and I can't wait to start this fourth book in the Scumble River Mysteries.  I am really looking forward to finding out what happens to Skye in this next installment.  I am really late starting this series and I am really trying hard to catch up!

The Dreaded 'To Be Read' Pile :

There are so many books on this list that are not getting read!  Why?  Arrgggh!  Frustrating!

I really want to say that I am going to spend September catching up with some of the books that have spent too long on this list but who am I kidding?  I would be happy to get one of them read!





No comments: