Header Menu

Saturday, September 13, 2014

98) Missing in Mudbug by Jana DeLeon

The Blurb :

After an eventful first week on the job, Game Warden Jadyn St. James is happy the small bayou town of Mudbug, Louisiana, seems to have fallen back into its normal routine. But when FBI agent Raissa Bordeaux is kidnapped, Jadyn is certain the short-lived peace has come to an abrupt end. Statistics don’t lie, and Jadyn knows that the longer Raissa remains missing, the less likely she’ll be found alive.

Sheriff Colt Bertrand knows the FBI won’t let him participate in their investigation, but is certain the federal agents aren’t as qualified as he is to locate someone missing in the swamps surrounding Mudbug. And although he’s been avoiding the beautiful game warden, Colt is sure that teaming up with Jadyn gives him the best chance of finding Raissa.

With the clock ticking, Colt and Jadyn defy FBI orders and launch their search, but can they find Raissa before it’s too late?

My Thoughts :

Yes there hasn't been much action over here lately and I am sure there aren't many people left who actually read the blog but there are lots of reasons for the lack of posts but be happy in the knowledge that I am still reading and am definitely still listening to books!  While I haven't had much time to actually sit and read I have had time to listen to the next Mudbug book while on my way to and from work.  Book five in the Ghost-in-Law series was just as good as the previous four and it has made my travel time really fly by and my work week more enjoyable.

I am still loving Mudbug with its fun bunch of characters and resident ghost!  Once again I was not disappointed in the continuing story of the Mudbug residents and it was nice to be following Jayden and Colt once more but once again it was a bit of a joint effort with other characters telling their side of the story when needed.  Sometimes this doesn't work very well and can end up giving the reader a headache.  Jana DeLeon has written this series so well that you won't be reaching for an aspirin.  Having spent so much time with all the characters it is easy to keep track.  If you listen to the audio versions, like I have been doing, then it is the great narrator who keeps things straight and stops you from getting a sore head.

There was, as always, a lot of action and mystery.  Helena was funny as always and Mildred really does keep the group focused and cared for.  The other characters added tons of support and it was great to see Jayden and Colt tiptoeing around their attraction instead of getting together quickly like the previous couples.  It will be interesting to see what happens with them, as well as the rest of the characters, in the next installment.

Once again I loved the plot with its very interesting and dramatic twists and turns.  It could be seen as over the top but it always makes for great reading.  The author manages to make the story light and fun but also keep it serious.  I find myself shocked and amazed and then giggling the next minute as I listen to this well narrated audiobook.

My stay in Mudbug, Louisianna seems to be over for now! I would have downloaded the sixth installment ready to start on Monday but it doesn't look like there is an audio version yet!  I am loving this series so much and I am very disappointed that the next book isn't available on audio despite being released back in June.  I would have expected it to be out already.  I could give in and read the sixth part but Johanna Parker does such an amazing job of narrating the books that I can't switch to another format.




Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You inspired me to track down the first book in this series, and I discovered the kindle download is free! I can't wait to get started.

Unknown said...

Come back and let me know how you get along with it!

I hope the written version reads as good as the audio is to listen to!