Header Menu

Sunday, August 10, 2014

89) Mischief in Mudbug by Jana DeLeon

The Blurb :

Sabine LeVeche, orphaned at an early age, is in the middle of a medical crisis and needs to find a blood relative STAT. Luckily, she's got a sexy PI and one sassy but determined ghost on her side. Not so luckily, there's a murderer gunning for her just in case her illness doesn't kill her first.

My Thoughts :

To say I am enjoying my visit to Mudbug is an understatement!  I am absolutely loving it!  I couldn't wait to listen to this second installment and I was not disappointed in the continuing story of the Mudbug residents and all the secrets they hold.  However the Ghost-In-Law twist is just the icing on a very delicious story.

This time around the plot centered around Sabine's quest to find her parents.  The other characters from the previous book were all present except for Luc who only got mentioned.   However I suppose the new guy on the scene, Beau, is enough male hotness for one book.  Anyway it was great getting to catch up with Maryse again but even better to find out more about Sabine's story.  This actually turned out to be Mildred's story too and there is also some more details about Raissa who I believe will be the main character in the next book.

I loved the plot with its very interesting and dramatic twists and turns.  It could be seen as over the top but it made for great reading.  The author manages to make the story light and fun but also keep it serious.  I find myself shocked and amazed and then giggling the next as I listen to this well narrated audiobook.

My stay in Mudbug, Louisianna isn't over!  I am, as I type this, already putting the third installment onto my iPod.  I am loving this series so much that I can't stop myself from continuing.  This cozy paranormal mystery is a hoot and if you like Molly Harper's books then you will also love what Jana DeLeon has going on in Mudbug.  Well worth checking out and definitely worth listening to with Johanna Parker (Sookie Stackhouse Audibles) reading this story like a pro!



Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



No comments: