Header Menu

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

41) Final Sail by Elaine Viets

The Blurb :

To catch a jewel smuggler on a luxury yacht, Helen needs to pose as the ship’s new stewardess—but between serving drinks to the snobs, scrubbing floors, and cleaning up after seasick passengers, she’s starting to miss dry land almost as much as she misses Phil.

While Helen’s cruising to the Bahamas, Phil’s got his own job—trying to catch a sexy gold digger who may have killed her elderly new husband for his fortune. Good thing he’s a self-proclaimed master of disguise, playing it cool as everything from an air-conditioning repairman to a Rastafarian.

Helen’s a help to Phil in his case, but when she’s on her own on the high seas, Helen needs to watch her step as she searches out the smuggler—or she may end up going from undercover to overboard..

My Thoughts :

Elaine Viets is one of my all time favourite cozy mystery writers and I have to admit that I am a little behind when it comes to the Dead-End Job mysteries.  The main and only reason is the price of the new releases in this series.  Even the next installment, that has been out nearly a year, is priced at seventeen dollars.  However much I love an author, this is a ridiculously high price for a cozy mystery and in Kindle format.  Sorry.  I will be waiting for the price to drop.

So I am a book behind and a new release is coming soon.  Two books behind but I am still happily following the interesting and never boring life of Helen who is now a proper P.I but still works the Dead-End jobs undercover to catch the killer, thief or cheating partner.  It is a great concept and no two stories are ever the same.  The different plots and angles each time are refreshing and exciting.  I love reading along and trying to unravel things before Helen and sometimes I do.  In this eleventh episode I managed to figure out who the smuggler was but not how the killer managed to murder her husband.  You see this time around there was two mysteries and a small snippet of a third.

Any cozy mystery lovers really need to check out this series.  It has everything you need from a cozy and there is never a dull moment.  Things have really progressed over the series and I like the way the author has kept things going and kept the series worth reading.  Make sure you read this one from the beginning though!  There is a nice continuing story that follows the series and reading this out of order will ruin some surprises.

As long as this series keeps going I will keep reading!  I just have to try and find a cheaper version of the books or wait until the price gets lower.  I feel bad for the long time fans like myself who are being put in this position.  Wait and maybe things get spoiled or cough up and read the book as soon as it is released.  I would definitely pre-order this series if it was a reasonable price.



Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository




Amberkatze's Book Blog





↑ Grab this Headline Animator




2 comments:

Aurian said...

I still have not read any books by Elaine Viets, but if she really is one of your favourites, I need to remedy that asap. I might even have one or two.
And wow, that sure is way too much for one book. Is the paperback also that expensive?

Unknown said...

You definitely need to give one of her series a try!

The older books aren't that expensive but I noticed the last few have been. I guess they are hardback. This one was a paperback but of course you have to wait for the paperback to be released.