Header Menu

Saturday, August 11, 2012

119) The Lady is a Vamp by Lynsay Sands

The Blurb :

One late night leads to . . .

Kidnapped When Jeanne Louise Argeneau left work, she never thought she'd end up tied down by a good-looking mortal. More attracted than annoyed, she quickly realizes there is more to her abductor than meets the eye.

One desperate act leads to . . .

Love? Paul Jones has need of a vampire, and only Jeanne Louise will do. He just has to convince this beauty of a Vamp to help him . . . never imagining that he would fall in love. But with the immortal world's answer to law enforcement hunting them, their time together is running out . . . and Paul and Jeanne Louise will need to risk everything to spend an eternity together.

My Thoughts :

I remember coming across the Argeneau series when I started reading and looking for more Paranormal books and I have been a fan ever since. I have to say I am in awe of Lynsay Sands and her ability to come up with a new and unique story each time around and this time she really came up with something different.

At the beginning I thought 'oh we are doing this again?'. A kidnapping isn't something new but it became clear that this wasn't going to be a repeat situation. In fact this time around the reasons are pretty sad and scary. Of course, as always, everything turns out well in the end but I will admit I had a few moments of doubt. While the previous books have been funny or action related this one was more emotional. It was still amazing though and I read this within hours. Once I started I couldn't stop.

Some may think that this series is repetitive. Others will say that the explanation of the whole nano/Atlantis/immortal concept is boring and getting old. However I believe that the author is a genius and manages to deliver a special and unique story each time. I love how Sands always comes up with a new angle for her Argeneau du jour to find a mate. I am always captivated by the progress the couple make and the twists, turns and hurdles they come across as they finally get together. It isn't overly romantic and always comes served with some humour. It isn't simple but somehow realistic.

Seventeen books into the series and the Argeneau family is still going strong. Of course they are immortal so it would be hard to get rid of them but not all of them have had their story told and as long as the books keep coming I will keep reading them. They are a must read pre-order!



Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

No comments: