Header Menu

Friday, April 13, 2012

54) Don't Die Dragonfly by Linda Joy Singleton

The Blurb :

Now living with her grandmother after being kicked out of school, Sabine Rose hides her psychic powers from everyone. Yet, Sabine can't seem to get the bossy voice of Opal, her spirit guide, out of her head . . . or the disturbing image of a girl with a dragonfly tattoo.

My Thoughts :

This series has been sitting on my bookshelf for a good few years. During the an Easter weekend read-a-thon I decided it was high time that I at least read this first book to see if the series was any good. After all if the first book sucked I can get rid of a couple of books in one go (this happened during the weekend...made a nice gap!).

As it turned out this book was a little beauty! Why had I left it gather dust so long? Psychic predictions, ghosts and other cool things were waiting for me all this time. A great story and plot accompanied it! Within chapters I was addicted and found myself finishing this first part in hours.

Yes this is Young adult but it isn't girly or too teeny. Actually this book reminded me of Cate Tiernan's and Laurie Faria Stolarz's amazing young adult series. Super writing style which gets right to the point without messing around with you, this was a superb read that had me grabbing for book two as soon as I was done with this first part.

Well worth checking out if you haven't already. A blend of psychic abilities, ghosts and mystery. The rest of Seer series is going on my wishlist.

1 comment:

Aurian said...

Ooo nice one Amber I will put it on the wishlist for my stepdaughter :)