Header Menu

Monday, June 6, 2011

76) The Reluctant Vampire by Lynsay Sands

The Blurb :

Rogue hunter Drina Argenis (from the Spanish side of the Argeneau family) has been many things in her years as an immortal, but bodyguard/babysitter to a teenage vampire is something new. There's an incentive, however: the other vampsitter, Harper Stoyan, may be Drina's life mate.

Trouble is, having just lost a life mate, Harper is resigned to being alone. He's completely unprepared when sexy and unpredictable Drina bursts into his life to reignite his passions. Can Drina, with a little matchmaking help from their teen charge, tempt this reluctant vampire to take a chance?

Or will a dangerous, unseen renegade kill Drina and Harper's one chance at happiness?

My Review :

I have been a fan of the Argeneau vampires for years and it is one of the first vampire series that got me hooked on the paranormal genre. The Reluctant Vampire is #15 in the series and you would think that things should be getting boring and old by now. Well they are far from boring and old and this new installment proves that some series can go for the long haul and still keep things fresh and exciting.

The concept hasn't changed much over the years but the author still manages to write fresh new plots and bring in fun characters. While there is a connection between all the characters from all the books so far, these stories can and do stand alone pretty well. Which means you can start anywhere in the series and still know what is what without digging up all the previous books.

This time around I needed a few chapters to get back into things. I knew most of the names and recognised the places but with such a long break from the series I needed to find my place again. Once I was settled in though it wasn't long before I found myself finishing up the book. I just can't put these down and always end up reading them in one delicious gulp.

There is always quite a bit of action but this series works a lot around relationships, love and the hot results. However there are always some really cool characters and also some pretty funny moments. An easy and relaxed read this is definitely one to curl up and enjoy. Actually the whole series is worth curling up with. The Argeneau's are quite addictive!

Keep them coming Lynsay and I will keep reading them. There are so many more life mates to match up and so many things that can go wrong or right while that is happening. This is a must read, must buy series for me and I highly recommend them to anyone who hasn't tried them yet. If you are a fan you should already have a copy of this because there is no way you can wait too long for the newest Argeneau story.

2 comments:

Marne Ann said...

Great Review. I'll have to pick this one up (on my Kindle, of course...)
You know what I love about Lynsay Sands? Her humor is amazing. Anyway, thanks again.

Aurian said...

Really time for me to start reading this autor. My bff has been on my back as well ;)