Header Menu

Thursday, September 30, 2010

130) Immortal : Beloved by Cate Tiernan

The Blurb -

Nastasya has spent the last century living as a spoiled, drugged-out party girl. She feels nothing and cares for no one. But when she witnesses her best friend, a Dark Immortal, torture a human, she realizes something's got to change. She seeks refuge at a rehab for wayward immortals, where she meets the gorgeous, undeniably sexy Reyn, who seems inexplicably linked to her past.

Nastasya finally begins to deal with life, and even feels safe--until the night she learns that someone wants her dead.

My Review -

Cate Tiernan is the author of the very successful Sweep and Balefire books and I have been waiting eagerly to hear that she would be bringing out a new series. So when I saw Immortal : Beloved I ordered it straight away. I was addicted to her other books and I was sure that this one would not let me down. I was right. If anything I think Cate has out done herself with this new trilogy.

The imagination this author has is amazing. Such detail and depth goes into each book and you never know how things are going to pan out. I was captivated with this new offering from the first chapter on and didn't want to put this book down. Beloved had everything I hoped it would have and a bit more. It is only a shame that the next book doesn't come out for a year.

Magick and immortality come together to make a paranormal romantic historical delight. This may be aimed at Young readers but the main characters are all hundreds of years old so nobody will feel lost in this book. Younger readers may just learn from some of the mistakes the characters in this book have made but older readers will just be able nod and agree. Fantasy vs. Facts in this book but it is clear to see what is what. Ideal for any paranormal loving reader.

Now I have the worst part to get through. The wait. A trilogy that makes me wait a year for the next book is really not what I expected but it was only when I saw the last page that I also found out what was in store. However Cate Tiernan is a YA author that I would highly recommend to anyone. Even mothers looking for something good for their Teenage daughters. Maybe this one will land in a few Christmas Stockings?

1 comment:

E.J. Stevens said...

Sounds like a wonderful read. Great review!
xx,
E.J.
From the Shadows